|Category||Farming Simulator 17|
|Bengt Sæther (Nordvarg)||24.03.2017 09:36|
I’ve built a trailer. When filled, and attached to a tractor, it begins wobbling up and down.
I’ve spent hours upon hours trying to get rid of the problem. So now I have to ask: Where should I start looking?
1. Is it the center of mass that is the problem? (BTW… the com number you get in GE, how accurate is it?)
2. Is it the spring, and perhaps the damper that could be the problem?
3. Could wrong numbers in ‘restLoad’ be the culprit?
4. Or is it just a number of things?
Any help is highly appreciated :)
|Bengt Sæther (Nordvarg)||25.03.2017 14:35|
|Ok. So it seems I got rid of the wobbling…
Here’s what I did:
1. I connected the (empty) trailer to a tractor.
2. I used “gsVehicleToggleDebugRendering» to find the compression data.
3. I adjusted the center of mass in the XML file so that the compression was the same on all 6 wheels.
Now the really big question: Is this a proper way to balance a trailer?
|Emil Drefers (Unknown)||27.03.2017 07:01|
sounds reasonable to me :)
Also the strength of the spring/damper system should have an impact on that phenomenon.
|Bengt Sæther (Nordvarg)||27.03.2017 10:02|
|Thanks, Emil. Really appreciate your presence in this forum :)
Note: Log in to post. Create a new account here.