Community Forum

Changing sellpoint names on the PDA map

Forum Overview >> Editor

Created16.05.2017 21:46

Gerrit Geldenhuys (masepoes) 16.05.2017 21:46
I have searched and found some suggestion on how to change the names on the PDA map. All in vain. on the PDA for example the bakery is called "Denton Bakery" if changing the name in the map01.xml or changing the name in the user attributes file or adding l10n text in the modesc file was the answer , surely the name "Denton" should appear in those locations, but it doesn't and changing the names there doesn't change it in the games PDA map.

Can anyone help me with a workable solution to this problem please.

Emil Drefers (Unknown) 17.05.2017 06:48

it works like this ...

in bthe map.xml file you have an entry like the following:
<tipTrigger index="FARM_SILO" stationName="station_farmSilo" ....

the string "station_farmSilo" is an identifier which is used to look up the name of this place according to the translation for the chosen language.
So, we have an internal file which holds that information.
For a mod you can simply put that information into the modDesc.xml file
<text name="station_farmSilo">
<en>Farm Silo</en>
<de>Farm Silo</de>
<fr>Silo de farm</fr>

Could I make it a bit clearer to you?


Tony Price (brownthumb) 17.05.2017 11:42
Hi Gerrit, am assuming you are using a mod map, when i ask this, have you changed the path in which your trigger gets it's information, if not it will keep using the info that's in the game folder's. in user attribute window when you click on a trigger you will get a list of things with a red x on the left of it, you will have a box labeled xmlFile and inside box you will have this ($data/maps/map01.xml), now for it to read the map xml file you need to remove the word $data from its path, will look like this (maps/map01.xml). now you can change the station name to whatever you want, NOT the index name but the station name.

Gerrit Geldenhuys (masepoes) 17.05.2017 18:51
Hi Emil and Tony.

Thank you so much for the help. Emil I have tried the <l10n> option before but that didn't work for some reason. I may have done it wrong. Tony your way worked like a charm. I did indeed not remove the $data bit but after i did and changed the name in the xml file I had success.

Thanks guys

Note: Log in to post. Create a new account here.