|Category||Farming Simulator 2013|
|Niklas Andersson (Klirre)||25.03.2014 17:18|
I've been having issues with two mods that need to load in a particular order to make them work, and I wonder:
What determines the order of loading mods in MP, and what can I do to prevent one mod from loading before the other?
|Manuel Leithner - GIANTS Software||27.03.2014 10:13|
the loading order is determined by the mod selection order on game startup.
|Niklas Andersson (Klirre)||15.04.2014 12:14|
|So the order is determined by the name of the mod? Since on game startup the mods are loaded in alphabetical order according to the name of the .zip:s?
I know that this is true for single-player, but in multiplayer it appears to be a different order?
The problem is that i want a certain mod to load after all the others, is there a way to assure this?
|Manuel Leithner - GIANTS Software||15.04.2014 12:29|
the multiplayer mod loading order is determined by the mod selection order.
So if you want to load a certain mod after all other mods select it last in the multiplayer mod selection screen
|D. Ecker (Decker_MMIV)||19.04.2014 12:14|
So are there then three different 'loading order' methods for your game?
Are these the methods Farming Simulator 2013 uses of loading mods in order?:
- - Load order is determined by file-name - "alphabetically by filename".
- Multiplayer hosted/started by a player
- - Load order is determined by what sequence the player clicks/selects mods in the selection screen - so more or less "random".
- Multiplayer started by the dedicated server software
- - Load order is determined by the mods ModDesc.XML's <title> value - "alphabetically/case-sensitive by mod-title". (But which one, if localization is used? <en>, <de>, <fr> ...?)
If the above is true, would you please consider - in any future patch or game - making sure the 'loading order' of mods is "determinable" and "the same" no matter what kind of game type is used.
|Manuel Leithner - GIANTS Software||22.04.2014 14:13|
yes it's a kown issue. but with a clean scripting there's no need for a special loading order.
Note: Log in to post. Create a new account here.