|Category||Farming Simulator 19|
|Ed Propsner (crotchfrog)||25.02.2021 13:30|
|I've been working on a map mod and any errors or issues that arise I've been able to resolve on my own with the help of some online resources. I've finally run into a problem where I've tried everything I can think of and I'm running out of ideas. I have 2 placebles that work just fine and the rest of them load ok with no errors, but when they spawn on the map only the sound and night lights work. None of the animations work and they are not a rigid body, I can walk or drive right through them. The placeables vary from $mapdir, $moddir, and data sources and I can't seem to find a common thread between the ones that are not working. AFAIK there are no problems with the defautItems.xml that haven't been resolved and the log is mostly error free with the exception of one or two seemingly unrelated errors that I'm currently working on resolving. Any ideas on where I should be looking to get this sorted out and working correctly again?
**Edit: Every one of my placeables from $mapdir work as expected, it's only the ones pulled in from $moddir and data/placeables that are giving me issues.
|Bilbo Beutlin (BBeutlin)||25.02.2021 21:22|
|I'd guess your filepaths are wrong. You should have related errors in the log.
Also, you should NOT use $moddir$ anymore but $mapdir$ instead. If you want to use placeable mods, embed them in the map. Preferably in the map's root folder "placeables", so you can refer to them with filename="$mapdir$/placeables/.."
For links to default files use filename="data/placeables/.." (without leading '$').
As example how to organize map structure and related filenames see the Giants map "Estancia Lapacho" (on ModHub).
|Ed Propsner (crotchfrog)||25.02.2021 23:31|
|If you mean the filepaths in the defaultItems.xml, they are fine and there are no related errors in the log. Those are the easy fixes and I tackle them as soon as they come up. The placeables actually load, they just don't fully work. They spawn ok, they are just not functional. I was using $moddir$ to try and cut down on overhead, the map is 4x and the filesize was getting quite large ... the same reason I try to use data/placeables when I can which are also not working properly. It almost seems like anything that has an animation tied to it does not work. What would cause it to load as a non-rigid body? I initially thought it was an error in the mod but I'm using mostly Giants default placeables from the game itself. It's my first mod map so I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple.
|Bilbo Beutlin (BBeutlin)||26.02.2021 18:18|
|I did'n mean alone the paths in defaultItems/Vehicles, but also in the associated files like links to i3d, animations etc.
I'd also guess your map's folder structure is not according recommendations. So you have some trouble with the right paths.
See the cited example map how to make it properly.
|Ed Propsner (crotchfrog)||26.02.2021 19:37|
|I'll double check some of the file paths to animations since that seems to be some of the issue, maybe there is something to find there. I would think bringing over a silo for example from data/placeables would be fairly straightforward without having to change much more than the filelpath to the i3d, especially for a Giants placeable. I did compare my set up to "Estancia Lapacho" as suggested and it's close, but not exact. I assume that has something to do with the blank map I started with and didn't know any better at the time.
I did notice one thing in the log that either just started showing up or I overlooked it previously. For every placeable that does not function correctly I have this in the log:
2021-02-26 05:48 data/placeables/farmSilos/farmSiloLarge.i3d (28.43 ms)
2021-02-26 05:48 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
2021-02-26 05:48 dataS/scripts/misc/GroundTypeManager.lua(123) : attempt to index a nil value
You can see that the placeable loads but then an error is instantly generated.
|Ed Propsner (crotchfrog)||27.02.2021 09:22|
|I doubled checked the rest of the filepaths for my placeables and they are all fine. I restructured a few of folders also to rule that out as a possible problem. It now mirrors "Estancia Lapacho" almost exactly and the problem still persists. I suspect that the error I listed in my last post has everything to do with it. I looked into my map.xml at the groundTypeMappings and made a few changes there, I thought for sure that was going to fix it but again, it did not. I really think the groundTypeMappings is the issue, I'm just unsure of what to look for at the moment.
|Ed Propsner (crotchfrog)||27.02.2021 12:40|
|Thank you for attempting to help but I did get everything to work finally. Turns out the problem was indeed in groundTypeManager the whole time. Some of the ground types were mapped to textures that did not exist in my setup. I remapped the types I needed to and now everything is just fine.
Note: Log in to post. Create a new account here.